An often-asked question we get from clients is - "How long will it take to create an in-ground swimming pool? “The answer is not as simple as giving a straight timeframe, as the procedure entails much more than simply digging the pool and moving from there. Like home construction, substantial preparation occurs before clearing the land, establishing foundation supports, and starting the work.
Numerous design meetings, budget adjustments, material decisions, a lengthy finance process, HOA approvals, permits, and various other things are to be expected. Thus, a six-to-twelve-week home construction procedure is only the tip of the iceberg regarding what you can expect overall.
The same may be said for a swimming pool. Less complicated works take eight to 10 weeks from excavation to finish, and more sophisticated jobs take fourteen to eighteen weeks. Planning should begin sooner rather than later. At United Gunite, Inc., we cater to swimming pool builders in and around Cypress, TX.
Pool Project Schedules
This is typically the scheduling in gunite pool construction:
- Design – 1-4 weeks
- Permitting – 2 -6 weeks
- Excavation – 1 week
- Steel, Plumbing, Electrical – 1-2 weeks
Gunite Work Schedules
After all the above-mentioned steps, it’s finally time to install the swimming pool itself. Here is a typical schedule:
- Depending on the type of pool you are constructing, the process can take up to three weeks.
- Gunite pools will take longer than vinyl liner pools because we schedule the crew who will plaster the entire structure.
- After that, it takes up to a week for the gunite to cure.
- While the gunite material is curing, other processes will start
- You can start the coping and tile installation during this time
- If there is any additional stonework, you can begin that too
- Most swimming pool installers also install decking and complete the concrete pouring or paver installations during this time.
- The supplemental installations in the poolscape can continue as planned in the one to three-week curing timeframe.
In short, the building process takes anything from eight to ten weeks, and you must hire skilled professionals for all your guniting work. We
Planned Gunite Pool Construction
We recognize the importance of completing every project on time and work with our clients to ensure that our gunite work schedule aligns with their workflow. Our crews are very proactive and accommodating and ensure that the other onsite workers do not get inconvenienced. When you contact us with your requirement for gunite pool construction, we will have detailed discussions with you and plan everything down to the last detail.
We also deploy skilled onsite supervisors who ensure that the project stays on track and that we complete our part of it in time. We are committed to providing our clients excellent value and always adhere to the agreed-upon schedules and timeframes. We are the company to call if you are looking for timely, high quality and reliable gunite pool construction.
At United Gunite, Inc., we are here to provide you with all the information you need about Gunite. Our company offers customized services to swimming pool contractors for their projects. For more details, please drop us a line through this Online Form or call us at 713-730-2907.